Wi-Fi Connectivity problems¶
- Depending on the manufacturing date your device has one of the following Wi-Fi modules:
- CC3135 module (latest)
- CC3100 module
- Silabs modules (RS9110, RS9113, RS9116)
Most common error that could appear is:
E: Wifi Error: cannot connect to AP
- If you encounter this error please make sure:
- Is the entered SSID of the access point correct?
- Has the Visionect device gone out of range?
- Is the provided password correct?
- Does the AP use WPA2-PSK encryption?
- Is the AP on a 2.4 GHz bandwidth?
For all the error codes regarding the CC3100 module, please follow the link here.
Note: Due to different Wi-Fi module, the codes below will appear only for Visionect devices manufactured and purchased in the period from 2016 until 2017
0x0003, 0x0019 No AP found¶
- Has the SSID of the access point been entered correctly? Try entering the SSID again.
- Has your device gone out of range? Try reducing the distance between the device and the access point.
- Is the provided password correct? Try typing in the password again.
- Is your access point using WPA2-PSK encryption? Reconfigure your access point if you’re using WEP or WPA.
- Is the access point on 2.4 GHz band? Visionect Products currently support only 2.4GHz, so you might need to reconfigure your access point.
0x0008 Deauthentication received from AP¶
Is the provided password correct? Try typing in the password again.
0x0028,0x0041 PSK length less than 8 bytes or more than 63 bytes, Wrong PSK length¶
Is the provided password too long? The password should be 31 characters maximum.
Has the device tried to connect to a non-existent TCP server socket? Check if your server can be accessed from the same network your device is connected to.
0xFF9C DHCP handshake failure¶
- Are there enough IP addresses available on the DHCP server? Your device can’t obtain an IP address - perhaps you can extend the DHCP range or configure a static entry for the device.
- Is your Wi-Fi signal poor? Try moving the device closer to confirm it is not signal related.